The NAACP Santa Rosa – Sonoma County Branch was established in 1953.
Our vision is to ensure a society in which all individuals have equal rights and there is no racial hatred or racial discrimination.
Our mission is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination.
To make our vision a reality, we will:
- Ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of all citizens
- Achieve equality of rights and eliminate race prejudice among the citizens of the United States
- Remove all barriers of racial discrimination through democratic processes
- Seek enactment and enforcement of federal, state, and local laws securing civil rights
- Inform the public of the adverse effects of racial discrimination and to seek its elimination
- Educate everyone on their constitutional rights and take all lawful action to secure the exercise of those rights, and to take any other lawful action in furtherance of these objectives, consistent with the NAACP’s Articles of Incorporation and the Bylaws